Sunday, November 15, 2009

McDonald's Only Has So Much on the Menu

Sorry this is so late... it has been a busy weekend.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are a couple announcements that need to be made in honor of this week’s post.  The first is that it’s the third week in a row based on food.  The second is that I know it could possibly be boring by now since I haven’t mixed it up too far.  The third is that since next week is Thanksgiving, all of my classes are piling on the work to get in before we get a break!

So, the result of all those announcements is this: we’re having a video week!  This means that the actual written parts of the posts will be shorter this week because I don’t have quite as much time… but there will be some sort of video or multi-media presentation to fill up that extra space!  I’ve been scouring YouTube for a while now and I think I’ve found some good ones that will fit with this week’s theme…

Cooking at home!  Now, don’t forget, we’re all about saving time and money on the Just Starting Out Blog… so even though it may just be so much more appealing to eat out and have someone serve you, you know it won’t save money in the long run.  The good news is that after this week, you’ll have some ideas on how to save time, too!


First of all, look back at the title.  I’ve heard so many times that cooking at home cannot even come close to saving all money that McDonald’s dollar menu (and more recently $2.99 cheeseburger value meal).  Well, I did so much Googling on this… and luckily, I’ve found the answer.  Cooking at home can save $3 a week.  So there.

If you’re a complete fast food freak like some people I know and love, it may be difficult to get started.  Don’t worry.  There are easy ways to do it.  Baby steps.  And once you get it into a habit, there are ways to cut back the costs from there.  If you know what you’re doing, you can save more money next week than you did this week!

But now, check out these time and money saving tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment